Solved

Where is the oracle profile in IFS Cloud?

• 23 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

By default, IFS is providing an Oracle Profile which is used for every user.
This profile had been the spot for Configuration of password expiration and more.

The functionality seems to be there, even if no Oracle Users are created. The System Parameter still indicates, that some Oracle Profiles must exist.

Is this still used?

If yes or no, how can we adjust the password expiration time?

Kind regards,
Tobias​​​​​​​

icon

Best answer by Sajith D 24 August 2021, 01:00

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @Technical Toby ,

In IFS cloud the password policies for the users are set using the password policies screen rather than Oracle profiles given that the users are provisioned as IAM users.

Please note that there are still few kinks that needs to be sorted out in this. For starters you do not have the option set the password expiry date or other key options such as lockout policies and password reusability. These has been raised with PD as issues that needs to be addressed. Other than that there doesn’t seem to be a way to set different policies for different users using separate profiles like we were able to do in the prior versions as well.

Cheers

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Sajith D 

Based on my question, I can see from your reply, that there is currently no feature to set the expiration Date in IFS Cloud.

I am aware of the password policies, which can define settings for the password. By the new usage of IFS End Users not being Oracle Users anymore, there need to be only a column which is named Expiration_date.

That would be the easiest way. But we will see how Product Development will implement this.
But then, the System Parameter should be removed to avoid confusion. Maybe this is a legacy issue.

Kind regards,
Tobias

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@Technical Toby Hi, you can find that info under Solution Manager > Security > Oracle Users > Oracle Profile. By default when creating users oracle profile sets to DEFUALT but if you want to adjust it you can adjust that as well.

Oracle Profile

Also if you go to Solution Manager > Security > Oracle Users > Oracle Users you can change the default oracle profile attached to each user by selecting the profile from LOV

Oracle User Management

Hope this address your issue.

Cheers!

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @EntShehaM 

Thank you for your reply. But you are referring to the Enterprise Explorer. I guess IFS10.

I have asked about IFS Cloud! :) That is a different story.

Regards,

Tobias