Question

What is the Functionality of Show Only Current Results in Search?

• 14 September 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

In the Search function in some pages, there is a toggle for Show only current results.

When this is on or off, what effect does this have in the results returned from the search?

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

I’m new to Cloud and have asked the same question recently, @matt.watters.  I have so far received a variety of replies including one that advised the filtering logic was different depending on which screen you were in.  Some screenshots below which have also been passed to me. 

In this instance (Shop Orders), you have to ask “how recent” ...

This is the Customer Orders translation

Has this improved since you posted?  Can we harness the power of the collective community get a request/idea to IFS for some consistency on this, do you think?  It would get my ‘up-vote’.

Linda

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

In general, the purpose with this functionality is to increase performance by ignoring old “dead” records that is unlikely that you are interested in.

If you click (i) you can see a a more detailed explanation about the filter criteria applied when this is enabled.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Thanks for the tip, @Björn Hultgren, and the fact it is different depending on the screen (CO = 100 days, SO = 365 days).  Is there any reason for the difference, do you know?  

The current description we have in Customer Orders took me a couple of reads through before I got it.  I guess the translation aspect isn’t easy but I would have found “Invoiced/Closed” (in line with the actual status) easier to follow than “invoiced closed

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@PRODQ No I don’t think there’s any specific reason behind the different dates. It’s just up to the designer of the page to determine how old the data should be do be excluded with this toggle, may of course be different depending on the data, but might also be so that different designers just have taken different decisions.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@PRODQ No I don’t think there’s any specific reason behind the different dates. It’s just up to the designer of the page to determine how old the data should be do be excluded with this toggle, may of course be different depending on the data, but might also be so that different designers just have taken different decisions.

How curiously ‘random’ to not have any standard policy/approach!  That’s going to be fun when training new users 

Thanks for engaging

Linda

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

In general, the purpose with this functionality is to increase performance by ignoring old “dead” records that is unlikely that you are interested in.

If you click (i) you can see a a more detailed explanation about the filter criteria applied when this is enabled.

I don’t understand why you would be searching for them if you weren’t interested in them?

Our users keep falling for this ‘feature’ on a regular basis. Apart from being annoying it’s more or a hindrance than a help.

E.g.

1. Shop Orders screen, search for a part
  2. Three shop orders are returned
  3. I want to look at the details of the oldest shop order
  4. I select the line and click on shop order
  5. A page loads with the correct search criteria but everything else on the screen is empty.
  6. User A asks User B to try the same, then they get the same issue.
  7. Then it gets reported to IT to investigate.

In summary it just wastes everyone's time and saves no ones time.

Can we default this to OFF for all users?

Thanks