Question

What is best for label printing with IFS, intermec or zebra?

• 3 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

Has anybody evaluated Intermec against the Zebra for Label printing with IFS?

Which type you can recommand?
any identified pros and cons, any experience that you can share.

answer for this highly appreciated.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

I don’t have experience with Intermec and haven’t compared it to Zebra.

We use Zebra printers for all our label needs connected to IFS at all facilities and have no problems with them that I can recall.

Badge +4

Thank @ShawnBerk for the input, I will take it as positive towards the Zibra, would like to see a response from intermec user as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @SUP_SAM ,

We’ve used Zebra industrial printers for more than 10 years within our shipping and production facilities without major issues.  The environment these printers operate is anything but clean as we blend and package lubricants.  We our labels are designed using bartender software and we use bartender automation to print the labels.   We created a custom package within IFS which intercepts the built-in label printing so we can print using bartender automation.  We did this because we wanted to leverage GS1 labels and more advanced WYSWYG label design capabilities offered by bartender designer.

Regards,

William Klotz

Badge +4

Hi @SUP_SAM ,

We’ve used Zebra industrial printers for more than 10 years within our shipping and production facilities without major issues.  The environment these printers operate is anything but clean as we blend and package lubricants.  We our labels are designed using bartender software and we use bartender automation to print the labels.   We created a custom package within IFS which intercepts the built-in label printing so we can print using bartender automation.  We did this because we wanted to leverage GS1 labels and more advanced WYSWYG label design capabilities offered by bartender designer.

Regards,

William Klotz

Thank You @william.klotz for sharing your experience. I think we also can have same kind of approach.