Question

View Custom Attibutes from another Entity in IFS Cloud

• 4 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Hello 

We have a handful of custom attributes on our BusinessOpportunity entity and we would like to show them on the Customer Order screen for an order that was created from a Business Opportunity. 

The process as i understand it to add those fields to the Customer Order page is: 

• Add the BusinessOpportunity entity to the CustomerOrderHandling projection
  • Create an entity Association and connect the parent/child relationship.
  • Create the group of fields on the Customer Order and create a binding to connect the CustomerOrderSelector to the entity association

However, when I try to add the BusinessOpportunity entity to the CustomerOrderHandling projection, it doesn’t appear in the available entities. Which made me assume that the two entities are already connected by default, so I tried to add the custom fields to the layout and they are available. However they do not populate any data. 

My assumption is that this is because they are not being bound to the business opportunity, but I cant create a binding (CustomerOrderSelector → Association), because I cant create an entity association, so I am stuck. What am I missing here?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @mdezzi,

According to your requirement, it seems you have created a custom attribute in BusinessOpportunity entity and now you need to display it in CustomerOrder. Then the simplest way to do this would be by creating another Read Only type custom field in the CustomerOder entity. 

Just create a Read Only type field in CustomerOrder entity with a reference to the field in Business Opportunity you need to display. Then add the field to Customer Order form using the Page Designer. 

Following is an example:

You can read the following documentation on ‘Reference’ type Read Only custom attributes here:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r2/040_tailoring/225_configuration/400_entity_configurations/020_create_custom_fields/020_add_edit_readonly_attribute/#set_implementation_type 

Hope this helps!

Badge +3

Ok, I can recreate all the fields on the CustomerOrder entity and reference each one back to the BusinessOpportunity fields. I was just hoping that i could add them directly, because they appear to be available to add in page designer, but not populating any data. Thank you

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@Charith Epitawatta  I follow @mdezzi  is there no way to not having to create the custom fields for this? 

For a lot of read only scenarios it would be very helpfull that you can just add this type of fields without having to create a custom field on the entity as the link and everything is already available.