Question

Use the filter in the page designer to retrieve values from the screen

• 16 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hello everyone,
Since the 23R1, I've been using the "Filter" option in the page designer to condition enumeration values.
Here's an example: 

I'd like to be able to condition the list with a field available in the screen (for example: Contract).
I've tried this syntax but I get an error: 

Do you have a solution?
Thanks in advance,

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @TheoB,

You have to specify the condition in the ‘Case’ field and the subset of enumeration values that should be enabled if the condition evaluates successfully in the ‘Value’ field.

Please see the documentation on filtering enumerations conditionally here:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r2/040_tailoring/225_configuration/200_client_configurations/310_conditional_fields/200_filter_enumeration_values/

The syntax for specifying conditions can be found here:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r2/040_tailoring/225_configuration/200_client_configurations/310_conditional_fields/300_condition_syntax/

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @Charith Epitawatta,

Thank you for your reply.

Looking at the documentation, I tried to compare the site value of the customer order by applying this condition:

But the value "record.Contract", is absolutely not replaced.
Do you have another solution?

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @TheoB,

In order for me to better understand what you are trying to do here, could you please let me know on which form and for which attribute you are trying to do this? And on which condition, what values of the enumeration you need to show?

For an attribute that takes values from an enumeration, what you can specify is a semicolon separated list of values, as per the documentation.

But seems you have specified the condition in the value field in the screenshot you have attached. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hello,

So here's what I want to do: 

I've created a custom logical unit that contains 2 columns:
- CF_INFORMATION
- CF_SITE (which contains the site of my choice)

In the header of the "Customer Order" screen, I've created a custom reference field based on the view of my custom logical unit:

What I want to do with this field: 
Thanks to the "CF_SITE" field, I'd like to display only the values in my custom field corresponding to the order site (by making the link in the "Contract" field of the customer order and the "Cf_Site" field of my custom logical unit).

Do you have a solution?
Thank you.