Solved

Use semicolon ; in a report rule

• 11 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9
  • Hero (Partner)
  • 140 replies

In a report rule, in order to format a link into the email message I would need to use a semicolon.

It seems this is not possible in the report rule? Any workarounds for this?

Report rule setup

The messages field needs to include a formatted url to the customer order so I tried this

I even tried to add in stead of ; this [&SELECT CHR(59) AS result FROM dual] but that results in the same problem that the report rule engine is splitting up after the semicolon?

Would there be a workaround for this as this is quite a problem if you want to add links from IFS as all the urls in ifs contains semicolons… if you want to filter.

I also tried to use Form%3B%24filter=  but that also did not work.

So is there a way to “escape” semicolons in the report rule?

I saw @dsj had a similar thing with semicolon on the attachments but that was not a solution in this case

icon

Best answer by dsj 14 March 2024, 14:53

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @kvbe 

How’s the link in the email looks like?

I usually don’t use the email action in report rules and prefer the PDF_REPORT_CREATED event over that for sending external emails ;)

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

So the report rule cannot be saved. as somehow the ; is not allowed or used to indicate a split between parameters. 

if I use %3B it gets saved and all is working  but the link encoded with %3B is not working. 

I like the report rules just because it makes things easy to define it for multiple reports etc. But maybe I will have no choice but to go for an event.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

So the report rule cannot be saved. as somehow the ; is not allowed or used to indicate a split between parameters. 

if I use %3B it gets saved and all is working  but the link encoded with %3B is not working. 

I like the report rules just because it makes things easy to define it for multiple reports etc. But maybe I will have no choice but to go for an event.

I see it now. I think it’s could be a limitation since ; is used to separate the properties in Report rules.

As a workaround, you can create a custom field in the entity which the report is based to generate the URL as you want with semicolon, and add it in the email body?

/Damith

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@dsj  thank you thats indeed a workaround ! Still curious if there is no other way to escape a ; will keep you posted if I get something back from support