Solved

Use a query/quickreport/ial as input for a workflow action (aka plsql cursor)

• 18 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9
  • Hero (Partner)
  • 140 replies

I want to create a workflow where

for my input I want to first run a query to assemble all my data and

then I want to use that data to execute an update an entity.

I was looking at the workflow API READ calls but I could not manage to get it working to fetch data for example from a quick report? (Not sure which entityset to use?)

Is there a way to feed data into a workflow action using a query. 

Thing is that for a lot of actions you want to first assemble the data (like you do with cursors in PL/SQL) and then you execute the action on it using an API Call. 

Is there any option/alternative for this in workflows?

• A quick report?
  • An IAL source? (Not sure if his is creating a projection automatically?

I noticed the API call for the quick report projection looks like this

09:50:07 INFO - REQUEST method "GET"

09:50:07 INFO - REQUEST uri "https://xxx-cfg.ifs.cloud/main/ifsapplications/projection/v1/QuickReports.svc/QuickReport_614811()?$skip=0&$top=25&odata-debug=json"

@Tharu / @Buddhi Gunasekara / @kamnlk 

icon

Best answer by adrianm 18 April 2024, 12:08

View original

3 replies

Badge +2

You will need to use the QuickReports projection Call action with a similar syntax and parameters as illustrated below.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@adrianm  thanks a lot that works!

Not sure what the difference is with a READ and a CALL function for projections.
How should one find this out :-)? 

Badge +2

@kvbe , not easily as the documentation is limited but using the API Explorer helps and Fiddler Classic helps see what REST requests IFS is making behind the scenes. CALLs are actions or functions.

Using the PurchaseOrderHandling projection in the API Explorer for example, this shows the create, read, update and delete (CRUD) actions.

The QuickReport projection API Explorer detail shows the function that must be CALLed.