Question

Updating Crystal Reports to work in APPS 10

• 31 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I am currently working to upgrade our APPS 9 system to APPS10.

We have been testing the migrations successfully.

I need to update a few reports created with Crystal and have problems with a few that return a failed to retrieve report. Please contact your system administrator.

The reports do work against the database from Crystal Reports Designer 2016.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi Jim,

Scenario 1: All Crystal Reports not rendering output. This could be due to incorrect or missing CWS configuration. Please run Crystal Pre req tool to make sure you have all the prerequisites setup correctly. 

Scenario 2: Only a handful of reports aren’t working. This is expected as database objects change as part of the upgrade. Enable CWS logging to identify what the error is and try to fix them. You can also run Crystal reports directly against the Oracle DB and see if they are running fine. 

Here is an old post on how to enable logging: 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Srikanth,

That is what has me confused I can upgrade some reports with the new database connection and then fix the fields that have changed and they work fine. These few work fine when running from Crystal Reports 2016, but not from the IEE client. 

I am thinking it is something simple that I am just missing.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

You need to enable CWS logging to see why Crystal reports are failing whilst running from within IFS.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

With Logging on I get this as the error.

Error in exporting the report in rpt format.

Not sure what it means.