Solved

Unable to publish custom objects after ACP import

• 18 December 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Working with the existing LU EngPartRevision, we added some custom fields to extend the LU in a centralized testing environment.  After standing up a new development environment, we created the custom fields by exporting an Application Configuration Package (ACP) and importing it into the new environment.  The fields validated and imported into an Approved state.  When I attempt to publish and synchronize the custom fields, I receive the error “COMPILE_ERROR2:  Error during compilation of LU [EngPartRevision]” that looks like it is related to extended the custom view (CFV).  

icon

Best answer by paul harland 18 December 2020, 15:29

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Most likely one of your read-only fields has invalid logic.

If it’s obvious which field is problematic, you can post its contents here and we can assist.

If it’s not clear, I would approve and publish the fields one-by-one; that way you can find out which one is causing the above issue.

Badge +2

Most likely one of your read-only fields has invalid logic.

If it’s obvious which field is problematic, you can post its contents here and we can assist.

If it’s not clear, I would approve and publish the fields one-by-one; that way you can find out which one is causing the above issue.

This led me to the answer.  A few custom referenced enumerations that were created to support related persistent fields had not yet been published, however, the ACP properly brought in those custom enumerations. 

After walking through the referenced enumerations and publishing those, the custom fields imported in the ACP package were able to publish.  

Thank you, Paul!