Solved

Unable to create IAL as NOT live data in IFS Cloud?

• 8 December 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

When trying to create an IAL that is not “Create IAL for live data only” it still creates the IAL as Live data only.  IFS Cloud 22R2.9.

Has anyone else seen this or have any ideas?

I need to create some scheduled IALs for large views to use in queries, and using live data is far too slow.

Example: Creating a new IAL with the option for live data only disabled:

The IAL is created without any error but it is only for Live data and cannot be scheduled:

And no option to Update Now or Schedule the refresh from the IAL details screen either:

But I can see in the database that the table needed to store the data has been created in the IAL_OWNER schema:

icon

Best answer by Tomas Ruderfelt 12 December 2023, 08:27

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @NickPorter 

Have You tried to use objdate column in query list?

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

@knepiosko thanks for the info but that is a step further along the process than where my issue is.  That objdate is used to control the fetch of only data changed since the last fetch.  In IFS Cloud in IFS Cloud there is actually a separate WHERE clause for the fetch/refresh where you can define that kind of thing (i.e. it is not a button to choose like it was in prior versions).

The problem I have is that there isn’t a way for us to schedule the refresh to run at all… either full refresh or changes only refresh.  

It honestly feels like I’m seeing some kind of bug that isn’t showing or creating the non-Live data IALs correctly, but I’m not sure how I prove that other than to create a ticket with IFS Support (which I have done).

Nick

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

If you look at your created IAL Object you see that the Replication field is set to: “Use Live Data”.

If you edit the IAL Object and change the Replication field to “Copy All Data” and save you will see the buttons to update it.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

@Tomas Ruderfelt that was it - thank you!  I had looked there to try to adjust but was trying to change the “Manual Update” from Yes to No which isn’t available.

Pretty strange that when you create it as “Not live data only” it defaults to live data and you have to go and change it again, but this works for me now.

Thanks!

Badge +2

@Tomas Ruderfelt I have a similar issue.  I am trying to change the replication option of an existing IAL but the ‘Use Live Data’ option is the only one available when I edit.  There is no option to select ‘Copy All Data’.  Does that have to be selected when the IAL was originally created?  Would I just need to delete this and then recreate it with that option selected?

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Tomas Ruderfelt I have a similar issue.  I am trying to change the replication option of an existing IAL but the ‘Use Live Data’ option is the only one available when I edit.  There is no option to select ‘Copy All Data’.  Does that have to be selected when the IAL was originally created?  Would I just need to delete this and then recreate it with that option selected?

Yes, it must be created with “Create IAL for Live Data Only”.

Yes, you need to create a new one with “Create IAL for Live Data Only” deselected.