Solved

Unable to connect to the remote server, no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

• 12 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi,

I initially posted this message on this topic, but it might be more appropriate to attempt to solve on a different discussion, since it is another type of error I am encountering.

I am installing IFS 10 UPD10 as a demo environment on a Windows virtual machine hosted on Azure.
Current setup:

• Oracle DBv12
  • IFS 10 
  • UPD10
  • Self-certificate auto generated by the race package

I have done the process many times and often arrives to the following error… during one day I could launch IFS Aurena and IEE. Once, I shut down the VM, and starting from this point I can not access them anymore and have no idea what it could be.

ERROR SUMMARY

Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.

* Activation of https://vm-root:48080/client/runtime/Ifs.Fnd.Explorer.application resulted in exception.

Following failure messages were detected:

+ Downloading https://vm-root:48080/client/runtime/Ifs.Fnd.Explorer.application did not succeed.

+ Unable to connect to the remote server

+ No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 10.0.0.13:48080

Since I can not go further than the landing page, it is impossible for me to login to middleware server admin console.

I obviously checked through the Oracle Instance Manager that the DB APPS10 is up and running. It is. I also opened all required ports on Azure portal, and disabled all firewalls, it won’t change anything...

I was wondering it was a matter of static/dynamic IP address, is there anyway to access the configuration without accessing the middleware admin service console? Maybe in a file log or something?

Many thanks for your help,

icon

Best answer by NickPorter 12 March 2021, 14:53

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

This message often means that one or more of the services that needs to run to support IFS are not started.  You mentioned you shutdown the VM and it didn’t work after that, which also would indicate to me that is the same case.

Make sure that the Windows services for IFS are all running.

I’m not sure with Apps10 UPD10 demo environment, but normally the older demo (“Race”) environments had a batch script that could be run to start all of the needed services in the correct order. If you cannot see this, then at a minimum you would want to use the mws-svr.cmd file in the instance directory to run a START command for ALL servers.

There may be some additional nuances that need looking at because this is a demo environment, e.g. optional services for CBS or Demand Planner, but the above should at least allow you to connect to IFS Apps and the admin console.

HTH,

Nick

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

You were right! I attempted to run the cmd STARTIFSAPP10. Plus I closed and reopened dedicated port, and disabled then enabled firewall. Thanks! 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @NickPorter, problem is back again…. as soon as I turn the server off on Azure cloud, I find back the same errors than before when I need to turn it on, and the previous descripted steps did not resolve my issue:

• open the script to start ifsapps
  • close then reopen the rule concerning port 48080
  • disable then enable firewall.

Do you have any idea to unblock me?

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

@BeaLioneR I cannot explain why it would be any different now.  It might be that after the server restart and running the start script you just need to leave it a little while longer to let it finish?  It may take some time to get fully running.

If that doesn’t work and if all of the services look like they are running OK but you still cannot connect, maybe run the STOP script before you run the START script to make sure that it is all started fresh.

HTH,

Nick