Question

Trigger predicates in IFS event actions

• 21 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Hi All,

Is there a way to use the trigger predicates in IFS event actions. We ended up creating too many events and are now in the process of consolidation and cleanup. 

Our thought is to keep a single event for each table and validate the trigger type in the action, is there any way to do it in IFS Events?

Or I need to have 3 different events for Insert, Delete and Update for each table.

Any suggestion will be greatful.

Regards,Sri

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

You’ll can set up a single Event to trigger on all of those events (insert, delete, update) but then you won’t be able to just know which was really done other than to look at the variables.  From an Oracle trigger perspective I suspect this may actually create 3 triggers anyway but I’d have to check that.

If you do use this approach of setting up a single IFS Event with Insert, Update and Delete all checked as options, if you capture the OLDVALUE and NEWVALUE values for a mandatory field, you may be able to derive which one actually happened… for example if the Old value is blank and the New value has a value it should mean an Insert to the table.  Both Old and New values with values means a Change.

HTH,

Nick