Question

Toolbar configuration

• 5 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi,

There is some possibility to change the location of the populate button on the toolbar?

We want to have the populate button directly on toolbar.

Env: IFS10 EE

Thanks in advance.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Asking more from ignorance than anything, but wouldn’t it be easier (and faster in the long run) for users to learn keyboard shortcuts? F2, in this case?

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

It was a customer question, and F2 was our first answer. But even though for me F2 is the easiest and fastest approach, this question remains valid as to whether there is any possibility to modify the toolbar.

Thanks anyway for your reply.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

I have never seen the ability to do that in IEE and have not heard about that level of customization from our technical resources.

Would be nifty if there were a way to configure that, though!

Joe Kaufman

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @TimJoaojS,

As Joe has mentioned above, you cannot change the position of the buttons. The only configuration you can do to the tool bar is change it’s position from left to right or vice versa and highlight the enabled buttons. 

If you have used IFSAPP8, you might remember that it had the populate button at the top of the toolbar. It was moved inside the search button as a sub item from IFSAPP9 onwards. If I remember correct, the explanation given for the change was that majority of the users only used the search button but accidentally clicked the populate button sometimes. And it would take a long time to load data into the window when that happened, which was considered a nuisance. So the button has been moved inside so that users won’t accidentally click it instead of search. 

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @Charith Epitawatta ,

yes, my question is related to a customer that is transitioning from IFS8 to IFS10.

Thanks for your answer.