Solved

TAS reconfiguration and update

• 12 October 2020
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello Techies,

I want to upgrade our on premises TAS initially installed for IFS Applications 10 UPD5 to UPD8.

what is the best possible and recommended way to upgrade TAS installation?

I have tried getting the latest installation package for UPD8 and running the installer but I can not proceed further after entering  database details due to an error

(prepare TAS and all pre deploy database scripts have executed without any errors including necessary permission grants and tablespace creation)

TIA!

icon

Best answer by Ruchira 14 October 2020, 04:23

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

What Oracle version are you using?

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @Ruchira,
Please refer to Upgrade/MoveTAS Installation in IFS Technical documentation too.
Best Regards,

Yasas

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

What Oracle version are you using?

Oracle 12.2.0.1

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Ruchira,
Please refer to Upgrade/MoveTAS Installation in IFS Technical documentation too.
Best Regards,

Yasas

Hi @Yasas_AK ,

I have followed this guideline and got the above error

Installation log:

IFSTouchAppsServerInstaller.exe Information: 0 : Existing site found.

DateTime=2020-10-12T06:12:49.1477691Z

IFSTouchAppsServerInstaller.exe Information: 0 : ApplicationInfo

DateTime=2020-10-12T06:12:49.1707728Z

IFSTouchAppsServerInstaller.exe Information: 0 : BaseUrl

DateTime=2020-10-12T06:12:49.1717724Z

IFSTouchAppsServerInstaller.exe Information: 0 : WebSiteURL

IFSTouchAppsServerInstaller.exe Information: 0 : ExternalURL

IFSTouchAppsServerInstaller.exe Information: 0 : ProviderName

DateTime=2020-10-12T06:12:49.1727729Z

IFSTouchAppsServerInstaller.exe Information: 0 : ConnectionString

DateTime=2020-10-12T06:12:49.1727729Z

IFSTouchAppsServerInstaller.exe Error: 0 : LoadData exception: InvalidArgument=Value of '2' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.

Parameter name: SelectedIndex

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

It seems to be any issue with the provider selection. Have you tried the Native perhaps?

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

It seems to be any issue with the provider selection. Have you tried the Native perhaps?

unfortunately in this version only Oracle 12+ is available

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

I think some saved config have been corrupted.

Unpack the installer in a new directory and try from there.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

I have tried that too but later found that this should be something to do with the deploy user but still struggling to find what exactly..

When tried with IFSMOBILITY or ALAIN I was able to pass this screen without the error message popping up but again can not complete the installation from any other user as they lack access to newly created tablespaces (IFSTAS_DATA and INDEX). 

Then I compared the system level access granted to IFSTAS and IFSMOBILITY and IFSTAS has more privileges than IFSMOBILITY surprisingly. only difference between two users is IFSTAS is not having a FND user connected to it and only exists in oracle database users (as it should be). Granting FND_ENDUSER permission set manually also didn’t work 

Error in the install log

IFSTouchAppsServerInstaller.exe Error: 0 : LoadData exception: InvalidArgument=Value of '2' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.
    DateTime=2020-10-13T05:54:00.8706073Z

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

I have tried that too but later found that this should be something to do with the deploy user but still struggling to find what exactly..

When tried with IFSMOBILITY or ALAIN I was able to pass this screen without the error message popping up but again can not complete the installation from any other user as they lack access to newly created tablespaces (IFSTAS_DATA and INDEX). 

Then I compared the system level access granted to IFSTAS and IFSMOBILITY and IFSTAS has more privileges than IFSMOBILITY surprisingly. only difference between two users is IFSTAS is not having a FND user connected to it and only exists in oracle database users (as it should be). Granting FND_ENDUSER permission set manually also didn’t work 

Error in the install log

DateTime=2020-10-13T05:54:00.8706073Z

The error in the log is regarding the Providers. (There should be a native one two, perhaps Oracle client isn’t installed?)
So with the IFSTAS user you can’t come further? And you can with the other users? You can of course grant what’s needed to the mobility user.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @tobese,

Thanks for your input. I was able to get rid of the error by completely dropping the user IFSTAS and recreating. This installation doesn’t require an oracle client.