Question

Sync Rules - Intial Queries

• 12 May 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi All,

After doing a bit of testing today, it seems that The Initial queries on each Sync rule, brings in data for each of the Tables in the  query.  For example, the TASK sync rule initial query might bring in 2 tasks, and the REQUEST sync rule intial query might bring in an additon 8 as it uses the Task table in its initial query.  This makes it some what hard to determine where tasks are appearing from on the device.  So i am thinking what would happen if i erase ALL of the initial queries in the Sync Rules and just create one big one on, say, TASK that pulls in all the Data we need? Maybe an impractical approach, but would it work in theory?

Any thoughts? 

I am thinking it would be much easier to maintain the Sync Rules this way and i can keep data on the device to a minimum.

Note: Sub Forumn may be wrong for this, only gave me 4 options

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

In general, I would say that replacing many smaller queries with one “big” query would be unlikely to improve performance.  You would need to compare the amount of data returned from the big query with the total amount returned by the small queries.  Use the XML poster tool to compare the results.