Question

Suspend IFS integrations during planned maintenance

• 22 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi All.

We are looking to reduce both the manual intervention required & the number of failed transactions for inbound integrations during planned maintenance of IFS (code deployments, updates, server maintenance etc).

We are currently running Apps 10 on IFS Managed Cloud and use SnapLogic as a middleware platform for several REST API integrations. We are looking to build a mechanism into our inbound integrations to check that IFS is available before transmitting data & entering a wait & retry loop if IFS is unavailable.

The issue we have is that the IFS application is often available (i.e. accessible to users) before the maintenance is complete & we don’t want the integration to resume until there is confirmation that the work is complete. I have seen in the technical documentation that IFS has a holding page that can be used during maintenance however I have never seen it used by the IFS Managed Cloud team so it doesn’t appear to be part of their process to apply it.

Is anybody aware of some kind of flag/indicator that is set & removed at the start & end of maintenance activity that could be checked to confirm the status of the application? How do other IFS Managed Cloud customers manage this type of scenario?

Thanks
Anthony

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Anthony,

I’m also looking for a solution to this need.

As far as I know, nothing exists, but i’ll be really happy if someone could answer this

KR