Streams Troubleshooting - Knowledge Share

• 11 May 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Customers get so many issues in steam messages and below I have talked about different scenarios we get. This is just sharing experience that would be useful for you all.

1. Why Stream messages are not working for IEE Admin ?

If this is the case that’s mean you are using a authentication other than DB authentication. Situation is Admin gateway use DB Authentication and at the same time default IEE client use ADFS/Azure gateways. So for scenario like this it is a limitation to use the streams in Admin gateway.

2. For App9 customers who are in before UPD14 and use LDAP/AD had a problem of showing the stream message count.

This is specifically for the App9 customers who are in before UPD14. Basically the issue is customers receive stream messages but it won't popup or doesn't show the count. If you have a scenario like this that’s mean you need to get this solution "268489".

3. If you have a red ball with a "x" mark in the Stream Panel.

Most probably this might be an issue with the deployments. So first what you can do is go to IFS Middleware Admin Console and redirect to Main Cluster -> Deployments and check "ifs-streams" deployment is in Active state. If it is not please try to start it. If it is not starting through admin console, then try to do a reconfiguration to the application.

4. Warning Sign in the streams panel or doesn't receive any stream messages (Doesn't show any issue in the stream panel).

* If you have an issue like this, first you can redirect to this window "Oracle Queues" and check whether there is any Messages stuck in queues. And if you find any queue which has this situation, then you can RMB on that specific queue and press "Purge Queue Table". By doing it will remove all the stuck messages in the queue.

* Second option you can try to stop all the queues within the Oracle Queues window (RMB Queue -> Stop Queue) and try to start it again (RMB Queue -> Start Queue).

* Third option is to initialize the queue again. Please check below steps.

Steps

---------

+ Go to this location (Solution Manager -> Monitoring -> Oracle Queues -> Oracle Queues).

+ If there are any messages, RMB the queue and click "Purge Queue Table".

+ Then RMB the (FND_TRK_LU_DMO_Q) queue and press subscribers.

+ After that RMB on the FND_TRK_LU_DMO_Q and press "Remove Subscriber".

+ After doing the above steps please login to the Database and execute the below query.

begin

-- Call the procedure

FND_OBJ_TRACKING_SYS.Initialize_Queue;

end;

+ Finally restart the application and go to "Oracle Queues and check whether "FND_TRK_LU_DMO_Q" has the "No of Subscribers" as 1.

+ Please check the streams by setting up a subscription.

5. If you recently setup a proxy and after setting up if the streams doesn't work, then you should check the Mandatory proxy settings.

* Please check this link https://wit.ifsworld.com/f1docs/apps10upd7/foundation1/010_overview/210_security/090_exposing_to_internet/default.htm

Official Troubleshooting Document :- https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/040_administration/220_user_interface/400_streams/010_troubleshooting/default.htm

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Thank you @Chamath Dhammearachchi  for sharing the knowledge :) I will post a KBA on this.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Chamath Dhammearachchi  I found that out streams stopped working when we moved to WIA on Apps9 UPD 15. If i login using DB authentication it works fine but otherwise i get red cross. “Push Notifications Disabled Due to Server Error. Please refresh manually.”  

Is there some limitation with streams only working on DB Authentication?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hello @david.harmer,

The Stream notifications are working for the LDAP configured users as well. There is no limitation as, the streams only working on DB Authentication. I believe the BUG ID: 152140 which is included in UPD17 will resolve your issue.

Bug ID: 152140

Solution ID: 275280

Cheers!