Solved

SSL Certificate Error In App10

• 2 July 2020
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

I’m getting following error while trying to import a SSL certificate to IFS Application.

have anyone has any inside on how to solve this issue.

icon

Best answer by Nimesh Kasun 3 June 2021, 01:55

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

What format are you trying to import the certificate as?

Was the certificate generated from a public CA like DigiCert or Geotrust etc. or from an internal PKI? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @inimadusj ,

You will get this error if the PKCS#12 certificate you are using does not include the full path chain to issuing CA. The certificate needs to have not just the end server certificate but also the path to the root including any intermediates. 

Cheers.

Badge +2

What format are you trying to import the certificate as?

Was the certificate generated from a public CA like DigiCert or Geotrust etc. or from an internal PKI? 

format is PKCS#12 and the certificate is from Sectigo.

Badge +2

Hi @inimadusj ,

You will get this error if the PKCS#12 certificate you are using does not include the full path chain to issuing CA. The certificate needs to have not just the end server certificate but also the path to the root including any intermediates. 

Cheers.

I already created  PKCS#12 store using openssl, by including root and the intermediate certs. I’m going to try to create the PKCS#12 with the utility tool provided by DigiCert. 

Badge +2

Creating PKCS#12 certificate using DigiCert utility worked

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Adding the error message as text so that it is visible in search.

Parameter error,

certificate verification failed. path does not chain with any of the trust anchors

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

I had the same issue today, and I could solve this. I published a community article with steps to solve this issue. If you get this error in future, please refer to the following article, which may solve this error.

Wildcard SSL/TLS Certificate Verification Error in App10 | IFS Community

Cheers!