Solved

Shop Floor Workbench - Start Production(Team)

• 7 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Doing an MES integration. Looking through the API explorer, I cannot find an API that will allow us to start run time/ set up time as a team. We find plenty of start Machine Clockings, or labor clockings. I can only find start team using the virtual assistant.

Surely there’s a way to start it with one API call.

Current setupis as follows.

We insert a record into the virtual table:
POST - ...projection/v1/StartClockingsAssistantHandling.svc/StartClockingsSet

{

"TimeType":"{{TimeType}}",

"SelectedOperations":"OPERATION_NO={{operationNo}}^ORDER_NO={{orderNo}}^RELEASE_NO=   {{releaseNo}}^SEQUENCE_NO={{sequenceNo}}^",

"CurrentTeamId":"{{teamID}}"

}

Then we get objkey from above:
GET - /Reference_StartClockingsVirtual

Next we start the clocking with the objkey:
POST - StartClockingsSet(Objkey={{startObjkey}})/IfsApp.StartClockingsAssistantHandling.StartClockingsVirtual_StartClockings

Then we clean up the virtual table:

DEL - /StartClockingsSet(Objkey={{startObjkey}})

icon

Best answer by Björn Hultgren 14 February 2024, 07:59

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Try the action StartOperation avaiable from the ShopFloorServices API.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi, this is already answered by Björn but just adding some more API context here. 
The MES APIs in ShopFloorConnector (in the component MFGEXE or Manufacturing Execution Controller) was introduced in IFS Cloud and focus on machine integration. It does not support labor clocking's or teams.

However, the ShopFloorService APIs (that have been around since before IFS Cloud) in SHPORD does cover some team actions. 

API explorer

Both are similar in the actions the provide but ShopFloorConnector is designed to handle Part master data, Shop Orders, Machine integration and quality reporting. While ShopFloorService handles more shop floor work bench actions connected to team and labor activities. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Appreciate your responses. I quickly realized this morning that I did not specify(only tagged) that we are on Apps 10. We will not be on cloud for another yearish. It appears those API’s are not available to us.

API Explorer - shopfloor% filter