Question

Send Email Setup

• 14 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Who will be Default Mail sender in above email setup window, it is showing “Default Mail Address 'null' is not specified or is not valid” in Applications Messages window

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @mzislam , Kindly find the following documentation related to mail sender parameter configuration.

Hope the documentation helps you.

Kind Regards,

Vinu.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

DEFAULT_MAIL_SENDER wouldn't reflect anywhere if your application is configured with a mailbox user and your email server need user authentication to send emails. But you need to have a value here as null is not accepting. Default is connect@localhost

but for the companies which allow anonymous email sending from the email servers you may specify a dummy address here something similar to noreply@yourdomain.com 

then recipients will receive something like this

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@Ruchira ,I am getting the below errors in Applications Messages window:

Error while sending data... 
Caused by: com.sun.mail.util.MailConnectException: Couldn't connect to host, port: mail.i*****oup.com, 465; timeout 60000 
Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: mail.i*****oup.com

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@mzislam This error should be connected to incorrect configurations of the mail server or a port blocking due to strict firewall configs. Good to check if mail server can be reachable from the MWS from the port configured