Solved

Second External Search Parameter Doesn't Work.

• 18 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 275 replies

I am trying to create an external search. The structure of the External Link is straightforward. However, The second search parameter does not work. I could not understand. What am I missing? In the first link, it searches just for BUYER_CODE not search for CURRENCY_CODE. In the second link, it searches just for CURRENCY_CODE not search for BUYER_CODE. What is wrong with the expression?

First Link

ifsapf:frmPurchaseOrder_Cust?EXTERNAL_SEARCH=BUYER_CODE=001945&CURRENCY_CODE=GBP

Second Link

ifsapf:frmPurchaseOrder_Cust?EXTERNAL_SEARCH=CURRENCY_CODE=GBP&BUYER_CODE=001945

First Link Result

Second Link Result

icon

Best answer by Hypervox 19 August 2022, 14:30

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I think you need to escape the second ‘&’, so the url becomes…

ifsapf:frmPurchaseOrder_Cust?EXTERNAL_SEARCH=BUYER_CODE=001945\&CURRENCY_CODE=GBP

See https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/050_development/022_user_interface/045_ee_dev/080_external_search/default.htm

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

& is AND operator. So, if I use an escape character. It will search BUYER_CODE as “001945&CURRENCY_CODE=GBP“. Then the result is empty.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

My mistake 😔

In the link I sent you, there’s a section at the bottom on how to write your own external search string - an example is as follows…

doc_class=100&doc_no=ERTT&doc_sheet=1&doc_rev=A1

becomes

external_search=doc_class%3d100%26doc_no%3dERTT%26doc_sheet%3d1%26doc_rev%3dA1

You’ll notice that the “=” and “&” are url encoded, so “=” becomes “%3d” and “&” becomes “%26”.  You should find if you follow the document closely you’ll be creating external search links in no time.