Question

ScanIt and Android 8, 9

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi

Beginnig from this day(23.05.2022) our customers has problem with IFS Apps 10 Scan it application. It semms that issue concerns android 8 and android 9. Last update is from 20.05.2022.

Do You have similar problems?

11 replies

Badge +2

We have the same problem…

Wherever I could, I turned off the automatic update of application, but work in one of our companies is blocked because of this...

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I guess you’re talking about the login issue or app crashing issue in IFS scanit 10 version 1.0.10 . This has been already reported to RnD and we’re working on a fix at the moment.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

HI!

I have information from my client that the application stopped working after updating the application.

I attached a screen of how it looks on android 8 and 9 (Android in the polish version).

The message in Polish is:

'Apliakacja Scan It for IFS Application 10 przestała działać'

In English it could be:

'Scan It for IFS Application 10 stopped working'

'Open application again'

My Client has installed the previous version 1.0.9 on one device and this version is OK.

It is no workaround because my client can’t install this previous version on all devices in the whole company.

Best regards,

Szymon Grzegorczyk

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

@KNESZYGRE  It’s the same issue that we got from other customers. We’re working on a fix now and will update you once the new version is available in apps store. In the meantime you can download the previous version through zip file manually.

Badge +2

@KNESZYGRE  It’s the same issue that we got from other customers. We’re working on a fix now and will update you once the new version is available in apps store. In the meantime you can download the previous version through zip file manually.

Where can we find the zip file with the older version?

Badge +3

https://aapks.com/apk/scan-it-for-ifs-applications-10/version/56701326/dl/

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

@KNESZYGRE 

Steps to install the old app on your device

• Uninstall the current app

• Go to https://tas-app10.ifsworld.com/Downloads.aspx in the mobile browser

• Look under scanit_app section. You will see two links as shown below(screenshot)

• If your android OS is higher than Android 5, click on ScanItPostLollipop.apk

• If your android OS is equal or lower than Android 5, click on ScanItPreLollipop.apk

• This will download the apk file, once its downloaded open the apk file and select install

• This should install the older version of the app

Badge

Hello, Tried the mentioned fix to install the old app, When running apk file on Android device I get the error message “ App not installed as package appears to be invalid.” This was on one Android device as a test and that failed. Also get the same error when trying to deploy apk via MDM solution. So there really is no feasible fix at this point it.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

@markb did you uninstall the current app? Could be a device specific issue since we didnt notice this in our devices. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

App crashing issue has been fixed and New ScanIt version 1.0.11 is available in play store now

Badge +1

Hi,

We are using Zebra Scanner powered by Android version 10.

Installed Scan It 8 &9 which is available in Play store.

Once I open the Scan it, 

There is a Message saying “You need to install IFS Account Manager”  before using this app.

When I try to install this,  “IFS Account Manager 9” from Play store, “This app is not available for your device because it was made for older version of Android”

What is the Workaround to this issue? 

Regards,

Bharathi