Question

Rowkey Activated - No option to enable it

• 15 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello IFS community,

I am using the AO credential, and I cannot find a way to enable a rowkey.

What am I missing? The option is grayed out. What will be the permission set to enable the “Activte RowKey” option?

Another question there is a way to activate it via SQL without using an ‘Update’? 

Thanks,

JL

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @ZTC ZTC JGOTA ,

First of all, which window are you working on? With that I might be able to provide you with the requirements needed for the ‘Activate Rowkey’ to be enabled.

Also the menu strip options can be greyed out due to permissions. But if you are using AO in this case, this is due to the logic behind the command ‘Activate RowKey’.

Also from my experience, if you are activating it via a SQL, it’s always an ‘update query’. If not you have to call the execute method of the command ‘Activate RowKey’ from the database which also could be subjected to logics and permissions. 

Best Regards,

Charana

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello @Charana Udugama 

Thanks for your response.

I am trying to create a custom view using IFS Developer Studio. (see next screenshot)

The reason was to create a  “Reference Custom Field” with reference to the view created using the IFS Developer Studio (above).

Everything is working fine except when I try to deploy the custom field. (See next screenshot)

Well,  I accessed the Logic Unit. Unfortunately, I cannot activate the rowkey.

The issue is not permission because I am using the AO account and I can activate the rowkey to other LU using the AO account.

Fyi. the logic unit does not exist in the Custom Logic Unit section.

Any idea, what am I missing? Any idea how to pass the “Error Message” when I try to deploy the custom field? or how could I activate the Logic Unit “EmployeeViewSO” ? fyi the LU were I am creating the custom field is actived (see the next screenshot).

Thanks,

JL

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @ZTC ZTC JGOTA,

A table is considered "ROWKEY enabled" when the table has a uniquely indexed, mandatory ("NOT NULLABLE") column named ‘ROWKEY’ of data type ‘VARCHAR2(50)’ with default value "SYS_GUID()" and every record in the table contains a unique value for the ROWKEY column.

Activating the ROWKEY simply means populating the ROWKEY column with SYS_GUID() value(given the column already exists with above mentioned constraints). As far as I know, this is no longer done from IEE in IFSAPP10 like we used to do in previous versions of the application. In IFSAPP10, the ROWKEY is already enabled and activated for all eligible tables when upgrading from an older version or in new projects as well.. 

So I think you would have to manually activate the ROWKEY with SYS_GUID() for your custom table.

Please have a look at following documentation regarding updating the ROWKEY during upgrades:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/foundation1/020_installation/040_upgrading_system/020_preparing_upgrade/020_installation_roadmap/hidden_itd/030_fndbas_rowkey_details.htm

This article should provide you some direction as to what you can do. You should be able to use the methods in Rowkey_Prepare_API or manually update with an UPDATE statement. 

Hope this helps!