Skip to main content

Hello,

I have implemented a REST call and in general it works or fails as expected. However, when it fails (e.g. POST request) it triggers the "failed callback function”:

Plsql_Rest_Sender_API.Call_Rest_EndPoint2(rest_service_        => rest_service_,
                                             xml_                 => json_,
                                             url_params_          => url_,
                                             callback_func_       => callback_func_,
                                             http_method_         => http_method_.action,
                                             --http_req_headers_    => ,
                                             --query_parameters_    => ,
                                             --header_params_       => ,
                                             incld_resp_info_     => true,
                                             --fnd_user_            => Fnd_Session_API.Get_Fnd_User,
                                             --key_ref_             => key_ref_,
                                             sender_              => rest_sender_,
                                             --http_req_headers_    =>'Content-Type:application/json',
                                             --receiver_            => ,
                                             --message_type_        => ,
                                             subject_             => subject_,
                                             --in_order_            => ,
                                             fail_notify_         => TRUE,
                                             failed_callback_fun_ => 'C_Webshop_Utility_Api.Rest_Fail_Callback'

--accepted_res_codes_  => ,
                                             --auth_params_         => null
                                             );

The receiving function:

PROCEDURE Rest_Fail_Callback(error_text_ IN VARCHAR2, app_msg_id_ IN VARCHAR2)
IS

BEGIN   
   Dbms_Output.Put_Line('App msg id is : ' || app_msg_id_ );
   INSERT INTO flestephs(ts,msg_id,daten,response_code, headers) VALUES(sysdate, app_msg_id_, null,'ERROR',error_text_);
   @ApproveTransactionStatement(2023-10-02,StephanSeidl)
   commit;   
END Rest_Fail_Callback;

When the POST request fails, there is a backgroundjob created that calls that function and it contains the “Error”:

The state of the Application Message is “failed”

The Problem is, that the Error is just the response code and no detail. If I want to see details I have to include the response code into my SENDER:

After triggering my REST API again, the response will be processed as OK and the Application Message status will be “finished” and not “failed” but in the response I get detailed error list:

400#512#{"status":"error","data":e{"errors":r{"path":"\/ShowPriceSinglePrintVersion","message":"The data (null) must match the type: boolean (\/ShowPriceSinglePrintVersion)"},{"path":"\/NoHandlingSurcharge","message":"The data (null) must match the type: boolean (\/NoHandlingSurcharge)"},{"path":"\/PreferredPaymentType","message":"The data (null) must match the type: integer (\/PreferredPaymentType)"},{"path":"\/ParentCustomer","message":"The data (string) must match the type: integer, null (\/ParentCustomer)"}]}]}Transfer-Encoding:chunked
X-Cache:MISS
Server:nginx
X-Content-Type-Options:nosniff
Connection:keep-alive
Date:Wed, 04 Oct 2023 06:02:16 GMT
Referrer-Policy:strict-origin-when-cross-origin
Strict-Transport-Security:max-age=31536000
Cache-Control:max-age=0, no-store, no-cache, post-check=0, pre-check=0, must-revalidate
Vary:Accept-Encoding
Set-Cookie:tk-is-user-logged-in=1; path=/; domain=ifs.www.dev.com; secure
Expires:Tue, 04 Oct 2022 06:02:16
Content-Language:de
Content-Type:application/json; charset=utf8

How can I configure my REST connection to fail, but also include the error details?

Be the first to reply!