Question

Required bandwith for IFS Cloud

• 7 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi there!

Is anyone available of specific bandwith considerations for IFS Cloud?

My customer is printing quite a lot and thus, the question arose how much traffic there will be and what the suggestion from IFS is regarding that.

For IFS10 we had a bandwith recommendation, but this is not available for cloud.

Kind regards,
Tobias

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @Technical Toby ,

According to the IFS Cloud Technical Documentation, the Network Considerations have explained as follows.

“IFS servers should be connected with a high bandwidth and low latency network, preferably placed in the same server room. Note that high latencies between database and middle tier will have a significant negative performance impact. A suitable network link between database and middle tier should be minimum 100 Mbps and less than 1 ms latency.

This should be considered in global installations. Installing storage tier in one part of the world and middle tier in another part of the world will result in bad performance.

Network is also subject to Security Considerations.”

Source: https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/21r1/foundation1/020_installation/010_installing_fresh_system/010_planning_installation/012_middle_tier_considerations/default.htm

You can also refer the following Sizing guide to get an idea about the resources to consider when implementing the IFS Cloud.

https://ifs.sharepoint.com/sites/ProductBenchmarkingandSizing/SitePages/Sizing-Guide-for-IFS-Cloud2021R1.aspx

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Jeewaka Padmapriya 

I have already checked the technical documentation before writing this question here.

As there is no hint in the docs about the connection required or the bandwith recommendations for end users, this is still a topic.

And I am not talking about the server connections as they are hosted in IFS managed Cloud. 
I need to provide an information to the customer what the required bandwith is in regards to normal usage and printing usage.

Kind regards,
Tobias

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @Technical Toby,

Thank you for your response!

By any chance, have you had a chance to check the attached “isgCloud2021R1.v1.xlsx”? That document includes a workload calculator which you can check the minimum network/Hardware requirements based on the users and average transactions. You may refer “isghelpCloud2021.pdf” to get help on how to input values and calculate the requirements accordingly.

By following this I hope you will be able to clarify your concern.

Thanks again.

Cheers!