Question

Report Rules executes but no action

• 22 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

I am having a problem with report rule which has no conditions. I need to send email when the report is printed. However the rules log shows the report is executing but nothing happens. The Send Email should create an application message but this does not get created. Any ideas where I should be troubleshooting to get more idea on what is going on? This is IFS cloud.

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @bhavesh

Have a look at this documentation. It will help you.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/22r2/050_reporting/251_operational_reporting/070_report_rules/

You can use a Send Email action type. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

I have used this document before I asked the question. Done exactly same thing, but I have the problem with report rules not executing the actions. Any idea how to troubleshoot this issue in cloud?

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @bhavesh,

I am assuming emails in general work in the environment and you only have the problem with the Report Rule.

If the Report Rule log says the rule was fired, then please check the OUT1 queue In “Application Messages” screen. Even though the email is fired from a Report Rule, the application message will NOT appear in the “Report Application Messages” screen. The subject of the application message should be the same as the subject you gave for the email in the Report Rule’s action. You should be able to see if there is any error in the application message that could be causing this. 

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hi @bhavesh,

I am assuming emails in general work in the environment and you only have the problem with the Report Rule.

If the Report Rule log says the rule was fired, then please check the OUT1 queue In “Application Messages” screen. Even though the email is fired from a Report Rule, the application message will NOT appear in the “Report Application Messages” screen. The subject of the application message should be the same as the subject you gave for the email in the Report Rule’s action. You should be able to see if there is any error in the application message that could be causing this. 

Hope this helps!

As mentioned earlier, I have been checking Application Messages screen. There are no messages created.