Solved

Report Rule Examples

• 15 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

We’re running APP10 Upd9.  I need to setup a report rule to send a customer invoice to a person  that is not the reference.  Reference is used for emailing confirmations and we have a different email address for the customer invoice.]

Please provide screen shots of a sample report rule if you have one.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by ChanakaAmarasekara 20 March 2022, 08:40

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

Have a look at this documentation. It will help you.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/040_administration/250_operational_reporting/070_report_rules/default.htm

You can use an Send email, action type. 

In the XML data is you have the email address to be sent then you can select that for the Send To email.

Regards,

Chanaka

Badge +2

@ChanakaAmarasekara  

Hi,

I have created report rules setup with send mail in IFS app10.

It doesn't shows up in dialog box while printing ,While printing if I put email address in preset property then it appears.

2nd problem  : I am not getting any emails. What properties need to verify other than setting up report rules.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

Send Email Action : Triggers when a print job is made and when you want to email the same generated PDF as an email. This is a server side rule and will not work in the Print Dialog. Therefore you will not see the email address in the Print Dialog.

If you want to set the email automatically in the Print Dialog then you can choose the “Set Property” rule and set the email. This is a Print Dialog rule. Yet, you can’t customize the email body. It will be the standards email body and subject that will be sent. So if you just want to send the mail and don’t want to change the standard email body or subject you can use this instead of the “Send email” action.

If you want to have both then there might be a way to combine these two to archive what you want. I haven’t tested it but you can try. It should work theoretically.

1. Add a “Pre Select” action to set the required email. This will show the email in the Print Dialog.
  2. Add a “Send email” action to set the required email, body and subject etc. In that rule set the “Omit job print” to “true” as well.  

This way, it will show the email in the print dialog, then send the email with your email body and subject to the email given in the “send email” rule. So make sure you have both those settings set to same. With the “Omit job print”  set to “true” it will not send a second email with is triggered from the Print Dialog when you send the email in the  Print Dialog. Try this and see.

As for the emails not being send, you will have to check if the Print Jobs are completed successfully. Also check if the Application Message in connect to send the email is finished or errored out. Check the OUT1 and NOTIFICATION queue messages for this. Also check if the mail sender is properly configured and your mail server is not blocking the email as well.

Regards,

Chanaka

Badge +2

@ChanakaAmarasekara  Thanks Chanaka. I will implement the same. Valuable input.