Solved

Report Images - logos - Payload too large

• 22 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hello,

After the upgrade to 23R1 SU4 I have noticed a strange error when I tried to upload a new logo in Report Images.

The .gif file is 35 kb in size, so it’s not too big.

Now after that the system won’t even load the data in the screen. It will always show this error message.

Also when I debug this, I don’t get any API call in error. 

https://***-uat.ifs.cloud/main/ifsapplications/projection/v1/ReportImagesHandling.svc/ReportLogoSet?

→ I get info on 2 logos and then nothing.

Any ideas if this is a bug in 23R1?

icon

Best answer by Charith Epitawatta 22 December 2023, 10:22

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @Marcel.Ausan,

By any chance, have you enabled the Card View in Report Logos tab? If that is the case, please try changing it to List View and try to import the image again. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Charith Epitawatta your response times are amazing!

Indeed I had card view activated. Now I switched to list view and I can see the data. 

I have created a support ticket also. Card view should also work right? So I guess it is indeed some kind of a bug? At least now I can work around it, cause initially I didn’t know if the .gif was imported or not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @Marcel.Ausan,

Yes, it is a bug and I just found out there is a fix in IFS Cloud 24R1 EA.

As mentioned in the relevant Jira issue, the reason for the error is that there is a display restriction in the Card View of the Report Images page. i.e. if the image exceeds a certain size, it will not be fetched for the card view. 

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Thanks @Charith Epitawatta ! I’ve also seen the update on the ticket.