Question

Report designer-Translatable Text

• 22 May 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge +2

Hello Community,

I added new fields in rdf and report files, they appear in report designer but I can't find them in (solution Manager==>Translation Development==>Translatable Text) to do the translation.

.Ing and .trs files are not automatically updated by developer studio with new data.

I tried refreshing the server cache(Solution Manager==>System Information and Utilities==>Refresh Server Cache) but no result.

How can we translate new fields in IFS please?

Thank you.

9 replies

Badge

I have the same problem but no solution

Can someone help us ? 

Thank you

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

.lng files and .trs files are not automatically updating by Developer Studio.

You have to deploy changed report to the database and scan it using Scan Translatable Code page. Then all tables related to translations are getting updated and you can see new attributes in Translatable Text page. Then you can export new .lng file with your changes using Export Language Files page.

If you are a R&D developer, after you merge your changes to ifs applications repository, next day new language files will be generated in Scanning environment.

Badge +2

Hi @suneth

What is the file that I should scan in order to see the new fields in translatable text? For IFS Aurena there are generated files in the gen folder but I don’t see anything like that for Reports. Note I’m trying to add new fields for an existing report which is CustomerOrderIvc.report. Thanks in advance.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @mdawudh ,

There is no file. Just generate code and deploy to the database after the changes. Then scan the report using Scan Translatable Code page as shown in the screenshot.

Badge +2

Hi @suneth, Thanks for the reply, in the Scan translatable code assistant, second step asks to upload an xml file. Can I skip it? 

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/21r2/050_development/050_development_tools/025_translation_manager_aurena/100_scan_translatable_code/ 

Earlier when I tried this I selected the option Reports in step 3 yet I couldn’t find my report under it. Its the famous CustomerOrderIvc report which is already deployed I'm just doing some modifications to it, so it should be there in the database. But I’m not able to see that for some weird reason. 

I skipped uploading a file, and selected CustomerOrder under reports.

Step 4 since I didn’t select a file it doesn’t let me to scan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

In step 3 you have to press the checkmark to save the changes before you go to next step:

Badge +2

Hi @Tomas Ruderfelt, This worked, this instruction is easy to miss. thank you very much both you and Suneth. 👍

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

@mdawudh Please mark this as answered.

Badge +2

Hi @suneth , unfortunately I can’t because I’m not the original poster.