Question

Rename columns and tabs in Apps 10 (IEE)

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi,

Is it possible to re-label columns and tabs in IFS screen (IEE)? Front end only not backend.

For example: I want to rename,

Reference Name  (column) --> Customer Reference Name

References (tab) --> Other Details

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for comments

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

It is possible to create custom fields that are not used and use their labels to sit over-top of these items on the layout of the view.  But in the long term, you will find this to be a very cumbersome and problematic problem to maintain.  At any point on an update or upgrade, when IFS changes things on the view in question, it will often reset the value and you will have to reconfigure the item.

We believe these sort of changes are not worth it in the long run and just document the process and train the users with the given name for the field or tab.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Custom Fields is a workaround but the answer is no, not without a customisation (mod) from IFS.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Srikanth , You will definitely have to go for customization to do this change. This cannot be done as a configuration as in FSM. Using a custom field label name on top of this label is not ideal and a feasible option. You will have to customize the core layer and do your layout changes.

Thanks,

Roshanga

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @Srikanth,

You need customization to fulfill your requirement.

Thank you and Best regards,

Darshana

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Srikanth 

Have you tried Translation option?

you can change the filed names and tab names from the text translation window as you wish.

First Find the exact text translation entry related to your data filed, label, tab name… ect

then add your expected name in Translation column in TEXT translation window.

Save the record and refresh the cache (Dictionary and Reference cache)

Hope this info helps

Best Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@Srikanth 
ex : you can add your required  name in Translation column as below.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

I tried this option but found it difficult to narrow down and add the column I want the reference name changed.

Question - Can you add your own columns here?

If you can see my example screenshot about, I was trying to rename Reference Name: field.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Srikanth 
you should change as  below

Please note that you need to refresh the Dictionary and Reference caches after saving the record

Please try this.

-Best Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I’ve missed one point

you can easily narrow down the text translation entries by using the below search options

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Kelum,

Thank you for all your useful pointers. I will try this sometime soon and update this thread.

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

@Kelum Niranjana - I finally found some time to review your recommendation in Apps 10.

When I search using the same exact data from your screenshot about, I don’t get any data.

If I look for just ‘Reference Name’ Prog Text and ‘en’ Lang code, I get the following results:

The column name I am after isn’t there and there is no ability to add my own Text Translations either & this is where I am struggling with this option.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Srikanth 
Please search below entries by putting it in to path filed

Ifs.Application.Order_.frmCustomerOrder.labeldfsCustomerRefName.Text

Ifs.Application.Order_.frmCustomerOrder.Reference

Best Regards

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Tried both and still No Data:

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@Srikanth 
Wonder why its not available there.
Its difficult to imagine how it missed there without checking in the application. May be it had changed through a customization. You can check the address Bar entry.

Go to the customer order window. Check the address bar
if its differ than below its changed the window by a customization or extension.
ifsapf:frmCustomerOrder?COMPANY=10

Otherwise  could you please log a case to the IFS Support.
Then we can closely take a look into it.

Best Regards

-Kelum

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Unlikely, this is for a client implementing IFS 10 out of the box.

Here is the path in the address bar: ifsapf:frmCustomerOrder?COMPANY=101

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

could you please log a case to the IFS Support.
Then we can closely take a look into it.

Best Regards

-Kelum