Question

Remove options from "Create Order from Quotation" Wizard

• 4 August 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

We would like to remove the field “Create Order in Released Status” or make it read only in the “Create Order from Quotation” wizard. I have tried to find a permission that would allow me to stop our sales reps from checking this box. Does anyone know how to do this?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

We have generally been told that popup screens are not possible to modify, though trying to do it with permissions sounds interesting. I do not know of a permission that granular, though.

What you might consider is writing a custom PL/SQL event attached to the “New” event for the LU being created. The PL/SQL code could make sure that flag is not checked, and could even base it on whether or not the order was added by a sales rep.

I have seen some issues with changing a record that has just been added, but I think it can be done as long as you make sure the event fires in “after” mode.

Goodluck,

Joe Kaufman

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi,

I don’t think permission set idea will work here. Because if a particular user has access to see a screen he can see all the fields in a specific tab, unlike menu items.

As @sutekh137 has mentioned you can create a custom event to get the desired work done.

Create a new custom event and write an action when a new object is created on the relevant table. You can use a Execute Online SQL  as the Action Type. Write SQL command which updates the above check box field to ‘FALSE’ after adding a new record.