Solved

Reload Configuration is not Working

• 3 August 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi,

I have created a persistent type custom field in a newly created customized form. After publishing the custom field successfully, When i do reload configuration, no action is being performed either page is  not refreshing or Page is not reloading with new configurations.

Hence I could not see the custom field in the page.

Please suggest solution. Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Bharath

icon

Best answer by Sangeetha Jayamaha 5 August 2021, 15:25

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

@chbharat  Please check the below post and see whether the properties are set accordingly.

Custom Fields not displaying IEE | IFS Community

/Sangeetha Jayamaha

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Sangeetha,

I did all the steps and checked all the properties are fine. I even tried refreshing cache also. But still issue exists.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

@chbharat Please refer the following post also and see if that helps. 

Custom Field on GL Voucher Row Analysis not showing up | IFS Community

/Sangeetha Jayamaha

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Yes Sangeetha, all configurations are perfect but still issue not solved. I think issue is not with the custom field because I’m not getting any errors while creating field. Also I can able to see the column in view. But when I do reload configuration, screen is not getting refreshed for this particular screen. Generally, reload configuration will refresh the screen even no new custom fields created in the screen.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

@chbharat Did you check whether the view is added as an approved detail view?

In the post 

Custom Field on GL Voucher Row Analysis not showing up | IFS Community

You can see the details.

/Sangeetha Jayamaha

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I have created the custom field in LU’s base view. When we are creating custom fields in LU’s base view, it is not required to do Approve Detail Views step. Also LU’s base view will not be listed in the Approved Detail views as it is a base view itself.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi Bharath,

Even if the reload configuration RMD does not work, you can simply logout and login. Then all the custom object related metadata will be fetched anyway. Is it still not working even after re-login? 

Also check whether you have the custom field listed in RMB → Custom Objects → Fields

If the field is available here, you will then need to go to RMB → Properties → Layout and customize it by selecting your field in the list - this will add your custom field in the page layout. In case if this is a table window you can add it to the list from the RMB → Column chooser. 

If you don’t get your custom field listed there go to RMB → Custom Objects → Fields → Overview screen confirm the logical unit is synchronized after adding it your new field. If not RMB on the header and choose Synchronize. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

@chbharat  Also check whether you have put the view name in All Caps in the .designer.cs file.

eg: in frmProblemWindow.Designer.cs file it should be as follows.

this.NamedProperties.Put("ViewName", "USER_ALLOWED_SITE");

If you have, it as follows, the custom fields does not work.

this.NamedProperties.Put("ViewName", "User_Allowed_Site");

Best Regards,

Sangeetha Jayamaha.

/

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

It is working now… Thanks a lot Sangeetha