Question

Refreshing Dictionary Cache does not succeed (no error)

• 28 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

we have an “alarming” red color for the Refresh Dictionary Cache. The user who is normally uploading permission sets has among others FND_ADMIN permissions, so we thought this should be enough to successfully refresh the dictionary cache. However, the user cannot succeed with that - the color does not change successfully. There is also no error message. No UI feedback.

Do we have someone here who could help? IFS Support is silent so far.

The user wrote:
I have tried going through all the permission sets and refreshing the dictionary cache as instructed by IFS, and I have also tried to refresh it via Refresh Server Cache. Nevertheless, it is still marked as red and remains unrefreshed. How do I solve this? This is a problem in non-prod and prod environments. It behaves the same for all permission sets.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Did You try to refresh cache from IFSAPP account? Which UPD is it?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

No, we do not have access to IFSAPP due to Managed Cloud Solutions. It is Apps10 UPD13.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

You no need to follow each permission set and refresh dictionary and security cache. There is no any relation.

Please try ty refresh cache from: Solution Manager\System Information and Utilities\Refresh Server Cache

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Have you tried compiling invalid database objects?

Sometimes all it takes is for a materialized view to be outdated for that link to go red.  Unless you had a delivery or changed database objects I don’t really see the need to use it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

@mwilson 

How to compile invalid objects without IFSAPP account access?

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Solution Manager > System Information and Utilities > Oracle Objects > Compile Invalid Objects