Question

Referenced Logical Unit - Not all fields displaying

• 7 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

I have created a Custom Field that is using a Reference LU but when using the field, not all available fields from the CLU are displaying. How do I change the set up to choose which fields from the Logical Unit display in the LOV?

Exmaple, here are some of the fields in the Custom Logical Unit

I want the Demand_Head_Ref to be a field that is selectable / searchable.

I have created a Persistent Field which uses a referenced Logical Unit for CcCase and published. The field works as expected but the Demand_Head_Ref is not a searchable / visible field in the table that appears on the LOV

How can I configure the results to pull which ever fields I want from the Referenced LU?

If I RMB on the LOV Table and Select Properties, these are the only fields showing in the table

Thanks in advance

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

See this thread which may help:

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Thanks @Tracy Norwillo unfortunately the resolution in that thread did not resolve.

Example, the first highlighted field displays the 2nd does not and I cannot see the difference between the fields

Can anyone advise?

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@lisa.gilesAB Is the Demand Head Ref field not appearing on the search table for the CcCase LU page or not appearing in a second LU when referenced from that second LU?

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @Tracy Norwillo  it is not appearing in the Second LU when referenced from the second LU.

I can see it find in the CcCase LU and it is a field that has been used for a few years. I have now created a Custom Field in ServiceQuotation LU and I want the User to be able to pull the list of Demand Numbers from a LOV and select the relevant Demand Header Ref. This then drives other CFs to update other information.

I cannot get it to show in the Referenced Field. It shows in Display Text but not as a searchable field from the CF LOV

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@lisa.gilesAB Can you check the custom field in the ServiceQuotation LU and see if it’s set to be searchable there?  I tried to reproduce this issue by referencing a custom LU field and it shows up as long as I have added the  SERVICE_QUOTATION_UIV to the Approved Detail Views in the ServiceQuotation LU and have the Searchable box checked there.