Solved

Read .pdf or image files from email attachment

• 9 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

When reading emails via IFS Connect Mail Reader each attachment in the mail is suppose to be read as separate application messages. But this only seems work when the attchements are only Text files such as .txt, .csv and .xml.

When sending binary files such as .pdf, .jpg, those files do not appear as a separate application message and therefore we cannot get hold of those files in order to attach them to a case.

Is this a limitation in Application 10 or am I missing some setting?

Below is the mail I sent with a txt and a jpg attachments.

Then in Application Messages queue there are 3 records created. One for the detail of the email  which is in html format. One for the email body. and one for the content of the .txt file. But no application message is created for the .jpg file.

Thanks and Cheers!

icon

Best answer by MadurangaJ 20 July 2023, 14:36

View original

1 reply

Badge +1

So I managed xto solve this by creating a custom mail reader in IFS connect. A mail reader is written with java and connected that as a new Connect reader. The java code is written in such a way that it reads the email and convert it into one json file that has all the attachments with its binary data converted to base64 string and saved them in separate json tags. This json file is the one that is attached to the applcaiton message then. Then I just created a routing rule that will read this Json file and using a PLSQLblock read a method that will convert the base64 string back into binary data and attach that file into DOCMAN.

So now when some customer send a mail to a given email it will automatically create a case in Call Center and attach all the .pdf files that are sent in that email. Will update more details about the correction soon.