Question

Read csv from mail attachment

• 14 January 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
  • Sidekick (Partner)
  • 38 replies

Customer is receiving fixed format csv files as mail attachment. We would like to read file content automatically inside IFS.

Is there some way to do this?

Data can be stored to custom view or migration table etc.

Used version Apps 10

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @Jouni ,

Each attachment will be read as a separate Application Message into IFS by the mail reader. There are several ways to read the content of CSV and store in a table.

My preferable way is to use routing address type PL/SQL Methods so you can process the CSV inside PLSQL code and do whatever need.

refer F1Doc for more details. 

Cheers!

Userlevel 4

I’m looking something what is more like configurable solution  instead of modification. ;)

I haven’t ever used mail reader, but if that can read mails and take attachments, then should be possible to route those to be saved some folder. Then it’s possible to read those eg with migration job.

Need to check

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @Jouni,

Did you managed to sort this for you, because I am also trying to configure the same requirement of saving the attachment from mail and place it in the directory to process through migration job.

I have completed my second half of the activity to process the file through job and for to read the mail attachment, I tried to configure Mail Reader in IFS Application 9 with outlook POP3 Host outlook.office365.com and Port, but ending up with the error below in  the log file,

POP3 open error javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.

I am using correct username and password and also tried using domain\username format in MAIL_BOX_USER_NAME but no luck.

Any suggestions to solve this error ?

Userlevel 4

Our need didn’t realize, so I never tried this. So unfortunately I don’t have knowledge

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Thanks for your reply.

I have raised this as a separate topic in this community and lets hope someone have the answer because I am able to make this work with the gmail pop3 settings but having issue with the Outlook pop3 setup.