Question

Quick Report Window Access

• 21 May 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

We have a small group of users who require access to the Quick Report screens in IFS as they are responsible for business reporting. 

In Apps 8, this is Solution Manager->Reporting->Ad-hoc Reporting

Is there a way of just granting them access to these two screens without giving them the Administration system privilege as we don’t want them having access to all the other components in Solution Manager as this poses a risk they could change system config/settings.

Please advise on possible solution

Many Thanks

Shaun

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

We have a targeted permission set that grants access to this overview.

ifswin:Ifs.Application.QuickReporting.QuickReportOverview

It has Add permissions, as well as the RMB functions on the context menu for managing grants.

So yes, you should be able to do what you want.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@ShawnBerk Thanks for your reply.

How did you explicitly grant this screen to a permission set as System Info doesn’t show the pres object ID and debug doesn't work for the majority of the Solution Mgr screens?

I see no way of only granting this screen through the permission set window.

Any guidance would be appreciated

Thanks

Shaun

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

@SHAUN_KERSLAKE 

Sometimes you just have to search for a portion of what you know, that is what I do in the Solution Manager area.  Then poke around till you find what looks close.

In this case,

Here are part of the grants, I didn’t go hunting for the whole set, it has been a couple of years since we created this one, so there are probably a few others needed, but if you set it up as standalone and test it, you’ll hit the errors for anything missing.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@ShawnBerk What version of IFS are you using?

We are using Apps8, and there is no Quick Report Builder screen available in permission sets.

Did the same search as yourself and I don’t get pres objects returned in module FNDADM

Logged in as IFSAPP as well to rule that out.

Below is what I see:

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Ahhhh, we are on V9 UPD 13, so that might be different then.  I don’t recall when we created this permission set, I thought it was on V8, but it of course would have been uplifted to the current state.  I don’t think I can work back to what it looked like on V8 at this point.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @SHAUN_KERSLAKE ,

What you need to look at for this would be the Activities tab in the permission set window. Quick report administration and most of the other stuff under Solution Manager are granted through Activities rather than pres objects like we do in the rest of the functional areas. 

Activities given below would be a decent starting point

Cheers

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@ShawnBerk Thanks for your reply.

How did you explicitly grant this screen to a permission set as System Info doesn’t show the pres object ID and debug doesn't work for the majority of the Solution Mgr screens?

Hi Shaun

This can be seen directly in Address Bar

/Wiktor