Solved

Quick Report (Crystal Report) Parameter Question

• 14 January 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

After getting my quick report (crystal report) to work by suffixing the views with _A I tried adding parameter(s).  Unfortunately, this has provide errors:

I have added the parameter IFS_ORDER_NO.

So the Crystal Report Select Expert looks like:

CUSTOMER_ORDER_A.ORDER_NO  is equal to {?IFS_ORDER_NO}

However, when running the Quick Report I am not prompted for the parameter value.

My idea would be to create a custom menu on the Customer Order that runs the Quick Report and uses the current Customer Order No as the parameter value.

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by RutJWhalen 15 January 2020, 08:36

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Just a quick update to advise that I have managed to resolve my issue with regards the parameter by creating the Crystal Reports parameter with a @ prefix.

Many thanks.

John

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Please have a look at the Crystal Quick Report Development Guidelines before designing. Parameters with IFS_ prefix are ignored by the IFS Crystal framework work. This is why your parameter is not promoted. Check the “Considerations and design guide lines \ Parameters with "IFS_" prefix” section from the link given below. The link is for Apps 10 but it’s valid for all IFS tracks.

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/050_development/026_br_and_a/005_adhoc_reporting/080_dev_crep/005_cr_as_quickreport/default.htm