Question

Question on Scheduling Quick Reports

• 14 January 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Can someone please assist me with few questions on Scheduling Quick Reports: We have not yet Scheduled any report in IFS for IFS10 UPD9 with Oracle 19c

I am in the process of scheduling an existing quick report on last day of every month. The Report take Year and Month as parameter, Will the following parameters work in Application Server Task window?

The schedule looks like this: IF someone can help me schedule it at 11:30pm or any other desired time slot that will be a bonus.

2- Can I use following expression in ‘Application Server Task’ Subject, to get result as below:
or anyway to achieve such subject line in Application Server Task/Scheduling Quick Reports.

Result: Subject: 2021/12 Report completed

Please see screenshots in attached docs. IFS is not letting me paste, Errored out.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @OrangeCloud,

1. You should be able to use #NUMBER_OF_THIS_YEAR# and #NUMBER_OF_THIS_MONTH# context substitution variables in parameters. For the full list of available variables, you can go to “Context Substitution Variables” window in IEE.

For the schedule, try following:

to_timestamp(to_char(TRUNC(Last_day(sysdate))+(1/1440*1410),'DD-MON-YY HH24:MI:SS'),'DD-MON-YY HH24:MI:SS')

2. I don’t think this is possible. Only a simple text would work as the subject. 

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Thanks @Charith Epitawatta  for confirming about Subject Line. I will use “Context Substitution Variables” .

as per F1 documentation END_OF_LAST_MONTH will bring date and time of last month. can we truncate this to use only date in report parameter?

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @OrangeCloud,

You won’t be able to truncate context substitution variables like you do with timestamps and dates in Oracle. However, when I called the method Context_Substitution_Var_API.Get_Client_Value__('END_OF_LAST_MONTH') , which fetches the value for END_OF_LAST_MONTH variable, directly from the database, it only showed me the date, without the time. So you should be able to use it without any truncating. 

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@Charith Epitawatta now the question is how to use Context variables in Scheduling Quick Reports.

I scheduled my report with #NUMBER_OF_LAST_MONTH# and i get following error message in Application messages, Background Job runs successfully but email does not go out and Application Server Task goes into Status ‘Failed’

Insufficient privileges to export the quick report to Excel. 
Caused by: ifs.fnd.base.SystemException: Insufficient privileges to export the quick report to Excel.

I made sure context_Substitution_Var_API is granted to ifssys, but i still can’t use this api as ifssys. looks like i am missing some further permissions , will you be able to help in this regard

FYI: I used EXTRACT(MONTH FROM sysdate) and EXTRACT(YEAR FROM sysdate) in Application Server Task Parameters and that’s working without errors.
Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @OrangeCloud,

This could be due to some missing privileges for IFSSYS user. Please try running following SQL block as Application Owner:

BEGIN
Installation_SYS.Grant_Ifssys(TRUE);
END;

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@Charith Epitawatta thanks for replying
I am getting a different error now in the attached Excel report in my email.

I made sure both my report parameters are numbers (year and month) and Context_Substitution_Var_API.Get_Server_Value__('NUMBER_OF_THIS_YEAR') also returns ‘number’ for #NUMBER_OF_THIS_YEAR# and #NUMBER_OF_LAST_MONTH#

when i run quick report from IFS with same parameters it run successfully, but when i pass same parameters from Application server task , i get above error in attached excel. any hints how to resolve this.

2- I tried extract, to_char and to_number(to_char) method in parameter, no success. in these methods no email generates and my AST failed.

I can modify the report and use dates within QR but i would like to understand this feature to apply in future without modifying reports.
thanks