Question

Projection Based Lobby Datasources not working in Lobby?

• 27 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

We have tried the new feature using (IFS standard) projections as a data source for lobby elements in 22R1, service update 3. In some cases it’s the only option if you want to navigate properly so it’s a nice feature. However, they only work in preview mode. When accessed through the lobby, they show no data. A look behind the curtains reveals a “Metadata not found” error. The lobbies are granted to a permission set, which we are testing with. Any clues to how to fix this problem?

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@chwrlk  Could you please check this?

Thanks!

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi,

In most of the cases Metadata Not Found error comes when the projection has not been deployed properly. Please check that first. I created a few lobby elements using projection data sources and they worked fine for me even after adding to a lobby page.

Best Regards,

Chamara

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi Chamara, I did some more experimenting. You’re right - they do work. The problem in my case is that the lobby datasource works until I add my filter using a lobby parameter: Contract eq $SITE$. Then it does not want to show itself in the lobby, although the preview works. I tested this using the InventoryPartHandling projection as a base, and an element counting part numbers per site (contract). Then after removing the filter in the lobby datasource, it does not seem to want to come back into a working state again until I do some change in the lobby element. This is somewhat logical based on your previous comment, I guess the lobby element gets re-deployed when I change it. But projection-based lobby datasources should also be able to handle lobby parameters, right? Is there another syntax for passing parameters to projection-based lobby datasources?

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

To clarify the above, I mean that there is not a problem with projection based data sources in general, but there is a problem if you want to use lobby parameters.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi again. After some investigation we got it working. We put the element in a new lobby and then it worked. Then we removed the elements and parameters from the old lobby and put them back again. Then that lobby also worked. So the problem was somehow related to the parameters in the lobby, but we do not know exactly what it was. Anyway, if we run into the same problem again, we think we know how to fix it: rebuild the lobby.