Solved

Profile import export in Aurena

• 21 February 2020
  • 4 replies

Dear All,

Can we do the profile import/export of Aurena. If yes then how can we do the same.

Thanks in advance!

BR,

HA

icon

Best answer by Rusiru Dharmadasa 25 February 2020, 04:04

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi,

For now, Aurena does not have a page to import/export user/base profiles. Rather you should use IFS EE client to do the same. 

Configuration contexts are available in Aurena client as well. You can add them to a Application configuration package but again you have to export it using IEE. 

Hopefully the same profile functionality or a different functionality will come to Aurena as well and similar import/export functionality will be available soon. 

Hope this helps. 

Hi Rusiru,

Thanks for your reply!

What I did is that I created one new profile in IEE, then I make that profile active for that user. Now whatever changes I have done in Aurena lets say I hide the field of currency and reference in customer order page.

Now when I assigned that newly created profile to any other I can see the changes that I have made are visible for another user in Aurena.

Now I exported that profile to my local system and imported to new environment. After importing, i assigned that profile to one user but those changes that I have made in Aurena are not visible. As per my understanding those changes should be visible but this is not happening but why? 

Thanks in advance.

HA

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi,

It seems like you have misunderstood the functionality. This is quite different in Aurena. Whatever changes you have done in Aurena are applicable to the whole configuration context. You shouldn’t even need to assign that profile to your other user to see the changes. Rather all the changes in global context are affected to all the users in the same environment.

For the time being, you only can change the context that you are doing the configurations for.

Global context is visible to all users unless they are connecting to a different context. So by default all the changes you are done in Aurena saves in the global context. 

If you create a new context, you can append this to the end of the URL so that page will load all the configurations from that context.

ex: https://<environment details>/main/ifsapplications/web/page/CrmCustomer/CrmCustomerPage;scope=RUDHLK

Also you can add a configuration context condition using a few predefined variables (company, ledge, wage class).

This is the functionality in Aurena similar to Profiles in IEE for now. 

If you are ok to affect all the changes from Aurena to all the users in the different environment, you can go to aurena configured pages screen and add all the modified pages to single application configuration package and then export and import it using IFS EE client. 

If all the changes are in global context, they should affect to all users in the 2nd environment. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi,

Aurena Profils are available to import/export from IFS EE, in the User Profil Management.
Aurena configuration is “ifsweb” branch of the user profil.