Question

Problem with error Failed executing query (ORA-01031: insufficient privileges)

• 16 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello :)

I'm pretty new to this topic so please bear with me :)

An external company that takes care of our system has introduced a new table to the database and asks you to test it. After executing a query to the database with a simple select, I get a response to this table, as below:

Server error messages:
0935e853-4ea9-48a3-8bb6-7c2ddb2e758c

Ifs.Fnd.FndSystemException: Unexpected error while calling server method AccessPlsql/Invoke ---> Ifs.Fnd.FndServerFaultException: ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

Failed executing query (ORA-01031: insufficient privileges)
    at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.ParseErrorHeader(FndBuffer buffer, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions)
    at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.UnMarshalResponseHeader(Stream responseStream, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions)
    at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.HandleHttpSuccessResult(HttpWebResponse result, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions, String operation, FndBodyType responseBodyType, Object responseBody)
    at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.InvokeInternal(Object requestBody, Object responseBody, String intface, String operation, FndRequestContext requestContext, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions, Boolean forcedSync, Boolean integrationGateway)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.InvokeInternal(Object requestBody, Object responseBody, String intface, String operation, FndRequestContext requestContext, FndManualDecisionCollection decisions, Boolean forcedSync, Boolean integrationGateway)
    at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.FndConnection.InvokeInternal(String intface, String operation, Object requestBody, Object responseBody, FndRequestContext requestContext, Boolean forcedSync, Boolean integrationGateway)
    at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.PLSQL.FndPLSQLCommandCollection.Invoke()
    at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.PLSQL.FndPLSQLCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
    at Ifs.Fnd.AccessProvider.PLSQL.FndPLSQLSelectCommandReader.Read(Boolean prepare)
    at Ifs.Fnd.Data.ADONetProvider.FndAPCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

I have no experience with this so please help.

The company that takes care of us completely ignores us and I have to fend for myself

3 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

today, I faced a similar issue, but it was related to a 'custom logical unit.' It seems to me that you need to grant 'select' permissions to the user executing this command for the specified table.

Best regards

Martinator

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@jan_ek do you ‘query’ this table via Quick Report?

The thing to consider is that only IFSAPP has full access to the tables (%_TAB). Regular users only have access to the DB view. 

For example let’s take Customer Orders.

→ ifsapp.customer_order_tab is the table that only IFSAPP will have access to

→ ifsapp.customer_order is the DB view that selects data from customer_order_tab and is ‘query-able’ by users.

So, if the external company created the table, if they followed the IFS Development best practices, there should be a custom LU, a table and a view.

Badge +1

Thanks a lot for help. @Marcel.Ausan  have right.