Solved

Power BI example reports - PBIX files in 23R1

• 22 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hello,

After having read about what’s new in Financials 23R1, I came across some very interesting pre-build Power BI reports for Income statement and Balance Sheet. 

We have Analysis Models deployed in our environment. I’ve looked into the git repo for 23R1 (biserv and pbies components) and I can’t find any .pbix files.

Any hint on where the .pbix files could be found would be greatly appreciated.

@Bob Corrigan maybe?

icon

Best answer by Nisansala Liyanage 24 August 2023, 19:16

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Nisansala Liyanage @Thiwanka Sandaruwan I tag you as well as you might have this piece of info.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @Marcel.Ausan ,

I hope this is what you are looking for.

PBI Example Content

Best Regards,
Nisansala

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Marcel.Ausan ,

I hope this is what you are looking for.

PBI Example Content

Best Regards,
Nisansala

Yes, @Nisansala Liyanage this is exactly what I was looking for!

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Nisansala Liyanage is there any test environment where I could get access to see how these report templates look like? I can’t open them with PBI Desktop if I don’t have Analysis Services setup.

I just want to see what info is available.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Nisansala Liyanage I tried opening the .pbix file with WinRar as explained in below blogpost:

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/Can-t-open-quot-a-pbix-quot-because-don-t-have-access-to-SSAS/m-p/1634895#M657210

Then I deleted the connections file and I could open the .pbix file afterwards. But it seems that without data, all the visual elements seem broken:

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi @Marcel.Ausan ,

I am not exactly sure how to do that. Anyway, when you download the report and try to open it, you might be getting below error. 

Once you close this message, you will get a dialog to enter the credentials. There, can you enter the server and the database that you have and see if you can just open the report? 

Best Regards,
Nisansala