Question

Possibility of creating Clickable Hyperlinks - IFS Cloud

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Problem: It is not possible to create clickable hyperlinks in IFS Cloud environments (same issue with APP10 Aurena).

The workaround is to create an ExternalNavigatorLink/ NavigatorLink type custom command button.

Request/ Idea: Include the Clickable Hyperlinks feature in IFS Cloud

Case ID: CS0072387

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

This idea can be closed.

Badge

Hi Shani,

Can you please advise what should be done so there is an icon of the globe in front of the field? I have my field marked as a Clickable Hyperlink.

We are running IFS Cloud 22R1 SU11.

Thank you,

Rosta.

Badge

Pls disregard my previous post, I have already found the solution:

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Solution:

(i) Once you add the custom field via the Page Designer > Set Fieldhint field to URL > Save and Publish the context.
(ii) Then a global shaped icon will appear before the text added to the custom field > Click on the global icon, and it will direct you to the added destination (URL)

Badge +2

This is fine when the URL is a fixed address.  What is the solution when the URL is a variable?  

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

@tvance2 It works fine too if you build a read-only custom field that is made of variables retrieved from the context of navigation. Is it what you try to achieve ?

Badge +2

I dont beleive that would do it.  They want to create links to Sharepoint sites that can have very different link addresses for each (in our case...work order).  They had the feature in ie APPS10 and wishing it were in Cloud