Solved

Person_Info_Comm_Method_tab

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi,

Does someone know in which version/release in IFS Apps, the table Person_Info_Comm_Method_tab was removed ?

I can see that it’s not in App9 and later, but can see in App8.

However, in the environment I checked, that table is not being updated with the records added to the Communication Method tab in the Person record. There are some old records in that table.

The Comm_Method_tab where party_type = ‘PERSON’ is the table which is get updated with the records added.

This causes me to think that the earlier table might have been removed in a release/service pack in App8.

Someone have an idea ?

Thank you,

icon

Best answer by Randini Jayasundara 8 July 2022, 11:27

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @ThushAsanka 

Communication methods have been redesigned in later APP7 and during APP75 SP4 by moving data into COMM_METHOD_TAB from various tables including PERSON_INFO_COMM_METHOD_TAB. But the PERSON_INFO_COMM_METHOD_TAB was kept in APP8 as well (seems only with old data) and then permanently removed in APP9.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi,

After taking a quick look at my app9 environment and doing a quick debug, I think the tables used now are comm_method_tab and person_info_tab.  There are two views that get referenced from the person screen - person_info_comm_method and person_info_comm_method2 that join these two.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @ThushAsanka 

Communication methods have been redesigned in later APP7 and during APP75 SP4 by moving data into COMM_METHOD_TAB from various tables including PERSON_INFO_COMM_METHOD_TAB. But the PERSON_INFO_COMM_METHOD_TAB was kept in APP8 as well (seems only with old data) and then permanently removed in APP9.

Hope this helps.

Hi Randini,

Yes, this really helps… Thank you very much. 😊😊

Best Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi,

After taking a quick look at my app9 environment and doing a quick debug, I think the tables used now are comm_method_tab and person_info_tab.  There are two views that get referenced from the person screen - person_info_comm_method and person_info_comm_method2 that join these two.

Thank you, Hypervox.. Yes, comm_method_tab with Party_type being “PERSON” seems to be the best approach to get the comm methods.