Question

Password Change Issue

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hello,

We are having an issue with logging into the IFS Client using IFSAPP on one of our non-live environments. Changed the password numerous times with different password complexities.

I am able to login to the database using a tool such as PL/SQL Developer with no issues using the credentials but when I use the same credentials to login to client IFS we get the following each time:

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance

Shaun

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Have you checked to see whether the account is locked? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@johnw66 Yes I have checked the Oracle Users screen for the account status of IFSAPP and it is showing as OPEN

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Shaun

The oracle user account may be active, also check the IFS account status is active (there is a difference). Ensure the IFSAPP user has the roles required to login via the client. You can check this against a user that is working.

Does IFSADMIN work?

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@MikeArbon Mike, Checked both and account status is okay. 

Checked the IFS Screen (Solution Manager→Security→ Oracle Users→ Oracle Users) and Oracle user IFSAPP has account status of OPEN.

It seems to intermittently work; I could get in but now it wont let me in again each time I try. 

The user IFSAPP has no permission sets assigned to it which I think is normal and comparing against other environments it has the same setup. 

I have tried a re-config which allowed me to login straight after but then logging out and back in won’t due to the above message

Logging in with IFSADMIN worked

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

I did think IFSAPP would need some security roles assigned to it, certainly for Client access, but I may be wrong.

It is odd that it worked briefly then stopped working for you. Could it be that it is locking out, and then being unlocked by a rule after time?

Are you on IFSv9?

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

I assume it is allowing you to enter a password each time, and it has not been set to ‘Remember Password’?

If we login using IFSAPP I would see the following login screen, and enter the password manually:

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

And you are 100% your test instance is not looking at your Live DB?? (Just a horrible situation to be in, so worth being sure).

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@MikeArbon We are on Apps 8. Yes the login box appears which allows us to enter username and password. I keep checking the account status and it remains at OPEN. We have no custom rules to auto unlock the account.

I performed a reconfiguration and this is pointing to the test database. Checked the configuration.xml file and it is referencing the correct host, port and sid.

I can’t see anything being logged either to further aid investigations on the MW server as to why it can't connect successfully. 

What permission set/role does IFSAPP have in your environment out of interest? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Rightly or wrongly, it has pretty much all of them. For us, from a historical perspective, IFSAPP was used to troubleshoot if there were issues in the system, to rule out possible permissions issues.

IFS often recommend that the Application owner account is locked, and not used. If your production system runs without any roles attached, I would be inclined to leave it that way. (Dont follow our bad habits). But you could rule out this as being the cause of your issue, by assigning the roles, particularly the FND roles.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Are you using single sign on? What is confusing is that your IFSADMIN is working without issue.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@MikeArbon  IFSAPP is really only used by IFS Support when they are investigating cases and when we need to access it for specific tasks.

IFSADMIN has the FND_ADMIN permission set assigned to it

Granted FND_ADMIN to IFSAPP and it made no difference.

Yes we use a combination of Single sign on and database user accounts. Single sign-on for all our users, and database for the IFS supplied accounts plus we have a couple of users in IT team who require database accounts in order to access the database to write SQL queries etc.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Did you refresh the security cache after assigning the role to IFSAPP? (Just checking).

It is a tricky one that’s for sure. Maybe someone else who has experienced a similar issue will post their thoughts.

Sorry I could not be of more help.

Regards

Mike

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@MikeArbon  Thanks for your help and suggestions.