Question

Parallel developments in IFS Cloud

• 13 December 2021
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

For customer in Australia, we are planning to do the first release – R1 (go-live with partial functionality) on 2022-06-30 and the second release – R2 (go-live with full functionality) on 2022-10-31.  We are planning to finish developments of R1 by end of April (2022—04-30) and start the developments of R2 in May (2022-05-01). So during the first 2 months of R2 developments (in May and June) and after go-live we will have to do corrections in R1 functionality. If we use the same code base for both R1 and R12, we will have both R2 implementation changes and R1 corrections in the same code base (After April). However we don’t want to deliver R2 code changes to R1 production (or Test) environment.

I understand that we should be able to use Corrective deliveries to cherry pick the corrections which we want to deliver. My question is can we use corrective deliveries in the above scenario? Sending the first corrective delivery looks straight forward to me but if there are multiple correction deliveries, can we use the same concept? If this is not feasible can you please suggest an alternative mechanism to handle this? Do we need to maintain 2 separate Customer Solution Repositories in this situation?

This topic has been closed for comments