Solved

Open IFS automatically in kiosk mode?

• 29 April 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

Dear fellow IFS users

For our production, we created a lobby which shows the current work orders being done. This is displayed on a big TV. When the PC is turned on, this lobby should be opened automatically and displayed in full screen mode / kiosk mode, as it is only for display purposes and doesnt need any user interaction.

Is there any possibility to automatically open IFS in full screen / kiosk mode? The PC has no mouse or keyboard connected so this should be automated as far as possible.

Many thanks for your inputs on this issue

Best regards

N.

icon

Best answer by Tharindu 2 May 2020, 17:22

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

First create a new dedicated IFS user for this with required permissions. Then login as this user and set the corresponding lobby page as its home page. 

1. Open the lobby page
  2. Go to Tools → Options
  3. In the general tab click “Use Current” to set current lobby page as the home page - now IEE will start with this lobby page

Now change to Kiosk mode 

1. Open View → Kiosk Mode (or Shift + F11)
  2. Now restart IEE - all these settings will be saved (home page in the user’s personal profile and the Kiosk mode probably in the specific PC

Also you can add IEE link in to the windows startup directory so that it will started upon startup

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp

Badge +2

Thanks for your help!

The problem now is now, that IFS opens in non-kiosk mode on that screen where it was last closed - so far so good. But when in Kisok mode, it always opens on the primary monitor - but in my setup it is important, that the lobby in Kiosk mode opens on the secondary monitor.

And another question: Is it possible to add the desired start page as a parameter to a IFS shortcut instead of defining it as a start page?

Many thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Not sure why it doesn’t work in your case, I tested and it always open in Kiosk mode if I exit with the same. But could not get it in to my secondary screen :frowning2:

From google I found we can move it to different screen by Win Key + Shift Key + Right/Left arrow. Maybe you can create a .bat file which opens the EE client and then mimic those shortcut? 

or lets wait others opinions :slight_smile:

And for the other question, no, with the existing functionality you must set the start page in users personal profile as I described in the first reply. 

Thanks for your help!

The problem now is now, that IFS opens in non-kiosk mode on that screen where it was last closed - so far so good. But when in Kisok mode, it always opens on the primary monitor - but in my setup it is important, that the lobby in Kiosk mode opens on the secondary monitor.

And another question: Is it possible to add the desired start page as a parameter to a IFS shortcut instead of defining it as a start page?

Many thanks!

Use the below syntax to open any page or window using a URL. If SSO is enabled then the specified window/page will automatically be opened or else it will follow after the log-in dialogue.

<SYSTEM URL>/client/runtime/Ifs.Fnd.Explorer.application?url=<address bar URL for your lobby>

Example: https://hostname.corpnet.ifsworld.com:48080/client/runtime/Ifs.Fnd.Explorer.application?url=ifswin:Ifs.Fnd.CompositePageRenderer.PageContainer?page_id=1be4d9d8-109a-4290-a13c-2e153e1cd087

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi

Might it work with the windows setting:

Windows + Shift + Enter?

See:

https://superuser.com/questions/738081/how-to-make-applications-open-on-the-correct-monitor-when-using-multiple-monitor

Badge +2

Unfortunately, none of the above inputs helped me to open IFS reliably on a second monitor. I am now using (old) ThinClient computers attached to the back of the TVs/monitors, which are each dedicated for one display - opening IFS on those in full screen mode works fine. Thanks for your help! :)