Solved

Object connection transformation

• 22 January 2020
  • 30 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi,

I was able to create  my first connection object and I had to create my own transformation method, following guidelines found in OpenIFS forum.

When I tested it (with the Test transformation option ) , I got a successful status.

But it does not work on the target LU.

What is the best way to debug this problem ? Haven’t found anything in the Debug console.

Thanks

Michael

icon

Best answer by Mathias Dahl 20 February 2020, 23:12

View original

30 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Above, I *think* two of the keys actually have the *value* “*”, but that is just a guess. Some objects allow it, I think.

As for your idea: perhaps. The risk, of course, is that you get multiple hits in the “source” if you do not specify all the keys. In some cases it will work, in others, it won’t.

Of course, we do support multiple hits, but only when you write a PL/SQL method/function to do the transformation.

When would you want this?

Thanks for your quick response, Mathias!

You are right, it seems the two keys actually have the value “*” after having tested this a little bit more.

Still it would be great if the idea that came from this could be an option in standard. Getting multiple hits would not be a problem (possible string overflow to be considered of course), because that is what I am looking for :)

What I would like is to be able to see all document connected to e.g. the Purchase Order Lines when having focus on the Purchase Order Header without having to make a customization.

/Erik

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

What I would like is to be able to see all document connected to e.g. the Purchase Order Lines when having focus on the Purchase Order Header without having to make a customization.

Got it! You want to avoid implementing your own transformation method. It is, per definition, of course a customization, but it is a very safe one (compared to many other types of customizations...)

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Can you create a request on the idea wall, Erik?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Good idea! But as a customer it doesn’t seem possible to access the Idea wall. Is that correct?

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Good idea! But as a customer it doesn’t seem possible to access the Idea wall. Is that correct?

It’s for consultants and partners, as I understand it (I was not sure if you are considered a partner or not). I think you can work around it by filing a case, asking nicely for this to be added. Our 2nd line support will then create the idea for you. Or you work on that partner status of yours… :-p