OAuth2.0 Authorization code with PKCE authentication through Excel

• 26 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5
  • Sidekick (Employee)
  • 13 replies

Hello,

As I understand,  Power Query in Excel does not support OAuth2.0 Authorization code with PKCE  authentication (Single Sign On), using VBA is supported but I have no deep knowledge on that . Any body who has been involved in implementing it  using VBA within Excel?

Thanks in advance!

/Hani

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hello Hani,

Glad to hear from you 😊

There were several good topics previously on this and I think this one will interest you more.

Authentication error when connecting Excel to IFS via OData feed | IFS Community

I tested that and seems it’s working. But only problem is you only can get data from one projection.

I have done some research on this and found that using Azure API, you can build a proxy to perform the authentication and then you can directly call IFS projections from Excel or PowerBI. Check my blog post on how to set it up.

https://dsj23.me/2023/11/06/creating-an-api-proxy-for-ifs-cloud-using-azure-apim/

Hope it helps!

Damith

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hello Hani,

Glad to hear from you 😊

There were several good topics previously on this and I think this one will interest you more.

Authentication error when connecting Excel to IFS via OData feed | IFS Community

I tested that and seems it’s working. But only problem is you only can get data from one projection.

I have done some research on this and found that using Azure API, you can build a proxy to perform the authentication and then you can directly call IFS projections from Excel or PowerBI. Check my blog post on how to set it up.

https://dsj23.me/2023/11/06/creating-an-api-proxy-for-ifs-cloud-using-azure-apim/

Hope it helps!

Damith

Hi again @Hani 

I think I have missed the most important part of your question. Both above mentioned topics discuss to connect using client credential flow, not the authorization code flow with PKCE. Sorry for that.

Regards,

Damith